Once you install the NordLocker application and try to launch it, you might be requested to enable the additional systemic extensions for your device for the NordLocker application to run properly. This guide will explain how to enable system extensions on your device.
Enable system extensions in macOS Recovery Mode
Firstly, you may see a notification/message as shown below:
- Shut down your device.
- Press and hold TouchID or a Power Button on your Mac device.
- A new window should appear, select Option, and press Continue.
- Next, choose your Mac device user account.
- Now, once the user has been chosen at the top of the screen, in Mac's menubar, find Utilities, and in the drop-down list, choose Startup Security Utility.
- Once Startup Security Utility window appears, press the button Unlock... which can be found at the bottom right corner of the window.
- Now you might be required to provide a password of your Mac device. After inputting a password, press the Security Policy... button.
- Next, a window should appear with a few selections that can be enabled. Please enable/select “Reduced Security”, and “Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers”, and press OK.
Enable system extensions in System Settings (macOS Ventura)
If the system extension is not enabled, you will see a "System Extension Blocked" error message below:
- After enabling system extensions in macOS Recovery Mode, go to macOS Menu -> System Settings -> Privacy and Security. Scroll down to the Security tab and click on Details.
- Enable Nordvpn S.A.
- Enter the required password and restart your device.
- Launch NordLocker application.
If you experience any issues and require further assistance, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team.