NordLocker is an easy-to-use file encryption tool currently available as a desktop application on Windows and macOS devices, and our mobile version can be used on Android devices. This guide will explain how to set up and log in to your NordLocker account if you are a first-time user of our services.
- First, you will need to download and install NordLocker application. Go to the NordLocker website and click on Apps to download the application for your device.
Alternatively, you can use NordLocker Web Access to set up your new account on a browser.
- Launch your NordLocker application and click Create Account if you were not previously using other Nord services - NordVPN or NordPass. If you use these services, it means that you already have Nord Account. In that case, click on Log In.
- This will open the Nord Account website where you will be asked to sign up. Enter your email address to create a new Nord Account or sign up using Google or Apple.
- If you chose an option to sign up with an email address, a 6-digit code will be sent to your email. Enter this code to activate your account and create a Nord Account password.
- Once Nord Account is created, go back to the NordLocker application. Now, you will be asked to create your NordLocker Master Password.
- Don't forget to save your Recovery Key as well. This code is the only way to regain access to your files in case you lose your Master Password.
Your NordLocker account was created! Here are our introductory guides that will explain how to start using NordLocker on your devices: