Before you send a locker to another person, you need to grant them access to decrypt and open it. Only people who have the NordLocker app will be able to decrypt and open the locker you share with them.
Sharing the locker
1. Open a locker you want to share.
2. Right-click on the locker you wish to share and click on Share locker...
3. Enter the email address of the user you want to share the locker with and click Add. This will grant them access to the locker.
If the recipient does not have a NordLocker account, they will receive an invitation to join NordLocker. After they register an account, add their email address once again. Also, you also need to share the physical locker through email, cloud, or a removable drive.
4. After that, you can share the locker directly to that user and send it by clicking Share and choosing the method.
- Sharing via Dropbox. After creating a sharing folder, the user will get a link that can be shared in any way (email, chat, message, etc.).
The receiver will see the encrypted folder in Dropbox. It has to be downloaded and opened with the NordLocker application.
- The Show locker in Explorer option will open the location your locker is stored. You can now send this .locker file to other users.
We suggest compressing the locker before sharing it with another user via any other cloud storage or sending it via email.