1. When the NordLocker window opens, if you already have a Nord account, simply sign in with your credentials - otherwise, create a new account by clicking the Sign up button. Enter a valid email address and a password.
If you are using macOS, the sign up window will already be there as the first window. Just enter your email address and wanted password for your Nord Account!
2. Then, you will be prompted to verify your registered email. Open your mailbox to find the verification code and type it in to the NordLocker app. If you did not get the code or it has expired, you can request for a new one by clicking on the Resend code button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Afterwards, you will need to set up your Master Password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files. Use at least 6 characters for it.
- For macOS devices, you will need to confirm the Master Password on a new window:
4. Lastly, you will get a Recovery Key in case you lose your Master Password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
- Please note, if you forget your Master Password and lose the Recovery Key, you will have no access to your encrypted files.
And that's it! Go encrypt your files! For more guidance, you can see our other articles:
- Encrypting files on macOS or Windows devices
- Decrypting files on macOS or Windows devices
- Sharing lockers on macOS or Windows devices
If there are any questions or issues during the process of creating an account, do reach out to our Customer Success team.