This tutorial explains how to download, install and set up NordLocker on Windows devices.
Downloading and installing
1. Go to our website and click on Download.
2. Open your Downloads folder and double-click the NordLockerSetup.exe installation file you have downloaded.
3. A new window may pop up (depending on your Windows settings), asking, 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?'. Click Yes.
4. Then, you will be prompted to choose the location for NordLocker app to be installed. After choosing the location, click Next. Afterwards, select Install.
Once installed, the NordLocker application will launch. A shortcut to the app will also appear on your desktop.
Setting up the application
1. When the NordLocker window opens, if you already have a Nord account, simply sign in with your credentials - otherwise, create a new account by clicking the Sign up button. Enter a valid e-mail address and a password.
2. Then, you will be prompted to verify your registered e-mail. Open your mailbox to find the verification code and type it in the NordLocker app.
3. Afterwards, you will need to set up your Master Password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files.
4. Lastly, you will get a Recovery Key in case you lose your Master Password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
- Please note, if you forget your Master Password and lose the Recovery Key, you will have no access to your encrypted files.
That's it! Now you can create your first locker and encrypt your files!
You can find out more on how to use NordLocker here:
If you have any additional questions, get in touch with our customer support via firstname.lastname@example.org.