This tutorial explains how to download and install the NordLocker app on your Mac. It also includes an explanation of various settings.
Downloading and installing
- Open https://nordlocker.com/download and click on Download.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click the NordLocker.pkg installation file you have downloaded.
- The installer window will open. Click Install on the first screen.
- Also, you will have to allow to install system extension load from developer Benjamin Fleischer. This is a regular security procedure by the Apple operating system (macOS) to prevent malware from being run on your machine.
Setting up the application
- Once installed, the NordLocker app will start and appear in a new window. If you have a Nord account, choose Log in - otherwise, create a new account. Afterwards, you will need to set your master password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files.
Lastly, you will get a recovery code in case you lose your master password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
- You will be given a choice between Select a Locker and Create New. Choose to Create New.
- Select a location for your locker.
- Press the "+" icon or drag and drop, and upload the files that you want to encrypt.
Lastly, you can upload created lockers to any online storage you want and no one would be able to open it, except you and then ones you share the files and folders with.
If you have any additional questions, contact our Customer Success team via email@example.com.