This tutorial explains how to download, install and set up the NordLocker account on macOS devices.
Downloading and installing
1. Go to our website and click Download.
2. Open your Downloads folder and double-click the NordLocker.pkg installation file you have downloaded.
3. The installer window will open. You will need to click Continue and then Install on the screen.
Setting up the application
Once installed, the NordLocker app will start and appear in a new window.
1. If you already have a Nord account, choose the log in option - otherwise, create a new account. Enter a valid e-mail address and a password.
2. Then, you will be prompted to verify your registered email. Open your mailbox to find the verification code and type it in the NordLocker app.
3. Afterwards, you will need to set up your Master Password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files.
4. Lastly, you will get a Recovery Key in case you lose your Master Password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
- Please note, if you will forget your Master Password and lose the Recovery Key, you will have no access to your encrypted files.
5. You will then be given options for encrypting your files/folders and you will be asked to enter your device user's password.
6. Also, you will have to allow to install system extension load from developer Tefincom SA. This is a regular security procedure by the Apple operating system (macOS) to prevent malware from being run on your machine.
Find more about how to use NordLocker here:
If you have any additional questions, contact our Customer Success team via firstname.lastname@example.org.