This tutorial explains how to download and install the NordLocker application on your Windows PC. It also includes an explanation of various settings.
Downloading and installing
- Open https://nordlocker.com/download and click on Download.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click the NordLockerSetup.exe installation file you have downloaded.
- A new window may pop up (depending on your Windows settings), asking, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?". Click Yes.
- The installer window will open. Click Install in the first screen. We are also asking to install .NET Framework 4.8 if you don't have it. If it is installed, the box has to be marked.
- Once installed, the NordLocker application will start and appear in a new window. A shortcut to the app will also appear on your desktop.
Setting up the application
- When the NordLocker window opens, wait for it to load and click on Create one.
- You'll have to enter a valid email address (necessary for confirmation) and your password.
Afterwards, you will need to set your master password, which will be your main password for decrypting and encrypting files.
Lastly, you will get a recovery code in case you lose your master password. Make sure to save it somewhere safe.
- You will be given to choosing, in which location you would like to encrypt your files. Choose and proceed.
- If you want to encrypt files/folders, click Add in the NordLocker main screen and choose which one you'd like to encrypt.
- Select the folder in NordLocker -> press Prepare for sharing -> Save As... and save it to the desired location.
- You can also Delete/Export decrypted those files as per 5th step. Don't forget, that only people who have NordLocker can open your shared files.
You can also upload the created lockers to any online storage you want. No one will be able to open them, except you and the people you share them with.
If you have any additional questions, get in touch with our customer support via firstname.lastname@example.org.