With the new NordLocker sharing feature, you can easily share your lockers or a copy of your file stored in NordLocker using a securely generated link. You can send a link and a security code using your NordLocker application to anyone, regardless if they are using NordLocker or not. This person will be able to download a copy of your file to their device.
Here's what you need to know about sharing files via the link:
- Sharing a copy of a file via link feature is currently available on the NordLocker macOS, Windows, Android applications, and Web Access.
- Sharing locker via link is currently available on NordLocker Windows, Android, and Web Access.
- Only one file or one locker can be shared at a time, meaning NordLocker will generate a separate link for each share.
- The files must be saved in the cloud to share them. Files stored in local lockers cannot be shared.
- A copy of your files is shared, meaning any changes made by you or the person the files were shared with, will not be synced.
Sharing files via link
- Log in to NordLocker Web Access or the application.
- Locate a locker or a file that you want to share.
To share a locker, select the three dots icon and choose Share.
To share a copy of your file, select the three dots icon next to the file's name and choose Share a copy.
- The person you have shared the link with will need to open it in their browser. This will open the NordLocker Cloud tab, asking them to enter the Security code to access the file.
- If the Security code matches, they will be given access to download the shared files to their device.